We’ve provided our lasers and expertise for many large-scale live events and film productions over the years.
While the majority of our gigs are in the Vancouver B.C. area, we’ve worked events as far away as Toronto Ontario. Whether a single event or a tour, we are happy to provide our lasers and production services anywhere within Canada.
Some of our better known clients include :
– Live Nation
– Skydance Studios
– Canadian Football League
– DuMaurier / Imperial Tobacco
– Rothmans, Benson & Hedges
– Blueprint Events
– Shambhala Music Festival
– Many more…
Some of the larger events include :
– Contact Festival – B.C. Place Stadium
– Shambhala Music Festival – Salmo River Ranch
– Fvded in the Park – Holland Park, Surrey B.C
– Chasing Summer Festival – Max Bell Center, Calgary Alberta
– Snowbombing Festival – Sun Peaks Resort
– Seasons Festival – Pacific Coliseum, Vancouver B.C.
– Squamish Valley Music Festival – Squamish Loggers Sports Complex
– Gone Country Music Festival – Cloverdale B.C.
– McMahon Stadium, Calgary B.C.
Some of the venues we’ve worked include :
– B.C. Place Stadium
– Rogers Arena
– Pacific Coliseum
– Vancouver Convention Center (East and West)
– Thunderbird Stadium, UBC
– Doug Mitchell Arena, UBC
– Shaw Conference Center, Edmonton Alberta
– The Commodore Ballroom, Vancouver B.C.
– Queen Elizabeth Theatre, Vancouver B.C.
– Vogue Theatre, Vancouver B.C.
– Merritt Festival Grounds
– Cloverdale Festival Grounds
– Many other arenas, nightclubs, theatres and rental halls.
About the Owner / President
I fell in love with lasers during Expo 86, which was the very first time I saw them in use. I was 8 years old at the time, and just had to learn everything I could about lasers. I eventually convinced my parents to buy me my first 5mW Helium Neon laser. I dove into a number of laser related projects including holography but always seemed to find my way back to visual projects such as 3 mirror motor setups and a very basic home made set of galvonometers. It developed into a passion early on.
I drifted away from lasers over the years partly due to the expense of lasers and laser parts, and partly due to my other major interests, aviation (both powered and gliding) and computers. The availability of lower cost DPSS green lasers renewed my interest and I found myself building laser visual related projects again, this time with much brighter results. Not content with home made motor / mirror projects this time I sprung for a set of scanners and laser software.
My next project was to build a 1 Watt RGB laser projector to go with my new scanners and software, at the time without any intention of starting a laser display business. A friend used to throw small private electronic music parties and convinced me to bring it out one night, and the feedback was overwhelming. That night I met my first 3 clients, and decided that it could be a viable and fun part time business.
The first couple of years it was just that, a part time business and a lot of fun. Pretty much everything I brought in I put into upgrading and building new lasers, improving my skills and developing artwork / content. And as time went on receiving ever larger and more complex gigs. It’s truly been an honour over the years to be a part some amazing events and film productions.